Skip to content
Technology on Demand
- Since 2004 and with 25 employees, W2E has designed and licensed three fully certified wind turbine platforms based on market analyses (trendsetting). All types of turbines are 100% measured and certified acc. to the IEC 61400 and the GL guideline and fulfill the international requirements of grid connection incl. LVRT. W2E reached as first company worldwide the A-Design-Assessment according to the GL 2010.
- Unique patented Drive Train Concept “LARUS-Compact” particularly in combination with the HybridDrive (unit between gear-box and generator) [unit consists of direct coupled gearbox and generator]
- W2E’s highly trained R&D staff with ample field expertise works closely together with our seasoned wind turbine technicians and wind farm operators.
- The personnel of the licensee is always in direct contact with the designer of the turbine (product-management, face-to-customer) and will be updated automatically weekly with the newest solutions and documentation via FTP.
- W2E designs state-of-the-art wind turbine technologies and in pace with other offerings on the market, optimised to the local needs (wind, market, supplier etc.), especially in consideration for the local content. The 3MW turbine was awarded “The Turbine of the Year 2013” (Silver Medal).
- W2E owns, operates and market-readies prototype turbines of each new design (with exception for the 4MW platform) and the licensees benefit from field-proven license products. The prototypes are the essential basis of a long-term research work.
- W2E is researching for the future, e.g. model-based controller, load reduction, de-icing, noise reduction (co-operations e.g. with RWTH Aachen University, University of Rostock).
W2E is funded by the European
Fund for Regional Development in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania within the
scope of an international property right application in the funding period
2014-2020 (FKZ TBI-03-012).